Search This Blog

Friday, March 5, 2010

In the Berry, Berry Month of March

For the last two days I have been working on preparing a bed for the raspberries.  


Today involved cutting a hole in the sod for the blueberries, on the theory that I could use some of the soil from the blueberry bed to help fill in the raspberry bed.  


The blueberry bed needs to have some of its soil removed so that I have room for turning some peat moss into it for the sake of making it more acidic.  I am plumb worn out from hucking soil.

Tomorrow I hope to get the stakes and wires in early in the day so that I can get the raspberries planted.  Since it's after ten in the evening, I guess I'd better turn in so I can have a fresh start in the morning.

G'night.

2 comments:

Toni aka irishlas said...

Impressive beds. You are sure gonna get a lot of raspberries! Raspberries are pretty easy to grow as well as blackberries. I'm having problems with my blueberries..I need to test my soil.
I just love berries!

Miriam said...

Oh, that's a lot of heavy work - my back hurts just thinking about it. Which is worse: removing sod or digging clay soil?