Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Non-Electric Night

You may have noticed that I don't post things or make comments on Monday nights- that's because I'm not online on Monday nights.

A few weeks ago I instituted a weekly non-electric night, and Steve has been a very good sport about it.  Monday nights are very slow TV-wise, so it seemed to be a good night for it.  The first night we played Scrabble by lantern light, but lately we've taken to reading.  It actually works out well for us, because we're so tired that an early bedtime sounds doable.  Last night we were in bed by 9:00 PM, and I fell asleep pretty fast.  It's good because we don't use our computers as an excuse to stay up later than we're really physically able to. Maybe we'll even save a little money.

Today I have seven and a half cubic yards of blended soil for the planter boxes being delivered at 10:30 AM, and as soon as my overalls are dry, I'll drag them out of the dryer and onto myself and get cracking out in the yard. I have one more box to put together, and hardware cloth to put down before I can fill them.  Tomorrow the copper mesh is supposed to arrive, and I'll be able to start planting after that.

Ok- dryer's stopped- I gotta go!

No comments: