Search This Blog

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Good Idea No. 5

This is not my idea, but is such a good one that I'm compelled to pass it along.

I make a lot of muffins and find lining the muffin tin a waste of money and muffin, because those little papers are more expensive than they need to be and more of the muffin (or cupcake) than I'd like sticks to the paper.   So I always use a cooking spray to help get them back out of the pan.   I read somewhere that a great way to keep from getting cooking spray all over the counter or sink is to prop the baking pan in your open dishwasher and have at it, just make sure that any dishes in the dishwasher are dirty and not clean, obviously.  I like doing it this way because it really does contain the over spray well.

2 comments:

Tamar@StarvingofftheLand said...

You may have gotten it from Cook's Illustrated. That's where I got it from. It's an excellent place from which to hijack material!

Paula said...

Nah- I've never taken Cook's Illustrated. Can't stand Christopher Kimball...