Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Kent's Ginger Beer

I mentioned before that my sister and her family were here on Sunday.  Among the things they brought with them was a liter bottle of ginger beer that Kent had made.  It was delicious.  I was intrigued by how simple his description of how to make it was, and asked him to send me the recipe. 

"I can write it down for you if you want," was his reply.  Armed with pen and paper, this was the result:



If you click on it, you can better see the recipe.  This recipe was on the sweeter side;  if you like your ginger beer sharply gingery, add more ginger. 

6 comments:

herb mother said...

im going to have to try this! found you via small measures. i had to 'meet' anyone who loves Daisy Fay. one of the best books ever. loving your space.

Paula said...

Yes it was one of the best books ever. I should reread it- it's been awhile.

Glad you like it!

Strange Angel said...

I.. um..

Can you tell me, does that say "Unfettered lamb"? LOL I'm having a hard time reading certain words.

Paula said...

Hi Strange Angel- that's 'unfettered lime', i.e., one organic lime.

Kent has his own inimitable style and I thought I'd pass it on by posting the recipe in his own handwriting, warts and all.

For what it's worth, I had trouble deciphering it too!

Dani said...

Would love to know more about his solar powered food processor...?

Paula said...

Oh Dani- unfortunately for all of us, Kent was being completely facetious there!