I didn't get outside too early today because I spent a chunk of it chasing after a new power source for my laptop.
But here we are so far:
This is one of the follower boards. I like to use drywall screws with pine because they countersink themselves. I figure that they should work well enough and the bees won't care.
The hive is built essentially upside down, using the follower board as a template of sorts.
So the hive walls and ends are done. The two follower boards are resting inside the hive.
Cutting and sanding top bars is pretty much all I did all day. That one is wrapped because I had to glue a split together.
I won't be able to work on this tomorrow because I have a test at the hospital in the morning, for which I'll be down for the count, and I expect that I'll probably sleep the rest of the day. Hopefully I'll be awake enough to be able to make a pizza with sauce from home grown tomatoes, because today I'm not getting anything out of the backyard. Steve is taking me to dinner because of tomorrow. It shouldn't be a big deal- it's just a good excuse for dinner out!