Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Good Idea No. 10


For a long time I was dealing with loading the wood stove wearing a regular pair of work gloves, which was better than nothing.  But I can't tell you how many times I left grill-patterned singe marks on my forearms.  It was obvious that I needed a pair of hearth gloves, but I've seen them go for as much as forty bucks!

Then one day I'm at the Home Depot in their tool department. Welding gloves, $14.97 a pair; long gloves that are well insulated. What do I care they say 'Lincoln Electric' on them?

They work great.

5 comments:

jules said...

Oh what a great idea for my fire making/tending DH! Thanks!

Miriam said...

That is a really good idea - thanks!

(And thanks, also, for the memorable dream I had last night about mealworms infesting my couch cushions...)

Paula said...

oh ugh! sorry about that Miriam!

Toni aka irishlas said...

That IS a good idea!!

Now look what you've done to poor Miriam :-)

Tamar@StarvingofftheLand said...

We have those! And we use them for the same purpose. I'd forgotten they even *were* welding gloves.