Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

It's Snowing



It first came down as hail, and started piling up.

But now it's snowing. The temperature is dropping as well, so even if it's not sticking now, it's going to stick later.  I wonder what it's doing in Portland?

I don't know why, but it seems that it's colder here in December and February than it is in January.  I need to remember that next winter and burn my fuel accordingly.

I am sure glad that I haven't put out my lettuces yet!

4 comments:

Rae said...

No snow in NE. Hoping it stays that way! (At least until I get home)

Paula said...

You'll probably be alright. It started raining again, and everything has melted.

Miriam said...

Yes, we had a dump here today too - just after we returned the 4-wheel drive we borrowed after the last snowstorm...So we're back to slipping and sliding and trying to get up and down the steep hills between us and the main road. Sigh.

But I know you looking forward to a little snow - so congratulations!

Ruth @ Hope, Joy and Faith Farm said...

Both my older daughters live in the Portland area. They told me earlier that snow is forecast, but they hadn't seen it yet. Here on the coast I am keeping fingers crossed for a couple inches, maybe a snow day?