Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

My First Valentine And A Grammar Lesson

So I talked to my mom today.  I usually talk to her a couple of times a week, which is up from the old once-a-week since we had our lovely visit together.  She explained that she spent the day tooling around the other side of Mt. Diablo with my older brother in order to get some snapshots of it.  She is supposed to be painting a picture for my youngest sister's mother-in-law's office.  Fortunately, my mother likes Judy, so she's okay with the effort.  Plus, she got a swell ride on a beautiful, sunny, winter day out in horse country, as she called it.

I told her what I did today, which was the laundry, and I finished the bee hive and put a coat of paint on it.  She wants to see pictures, so I'll have to manage something for a woman who is not online.  I came very close to telling her that I also spent part of my morning making her a Valentine so that I could stuff a See's Candy gift certificate in it, but stopped myself just in time.  That's right -I made my mommy a Valentine - what of it?

I'm just glad I still have a mommy to make a Valentine for (she said, ending her sentence with a preposition, a sin with which her mommy would never let her get away!).

Mom is my first Valentine.

4 comments:

Ruth @ Hope, Joy and Faith Farm said...

Your mom will love her Valentine! What a wonderful thing to do...

ILoveMyDogandMy Music said...

Watch those preposition endings!! You never know what you might end a sentence with....
:-)

Rae said...

Preposition endings... a habit of mine that was never really broken. Guilty! Fabulous that you still make Valentines for your mom. I talk to my mother an average of 5 days a week, but I can't remember the last time I made her a Valentine. May need to remedy that.

Jennifer Montero said...

I start sentences with And and But. It's poetic license, baby!

And (see?..) having your mom as a Valentine is very sweet.