Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Too Late For Stitches

I wound up with a butterfly bandage and a splint, so I won't be doing much of anything for awhile.  I also got a tetanus shot, because I haven't had one in years.  It's been so long since I last had one, I can't even remember when it was.  It's probably just as well, because I am constantly hurting myself it seems.  One way or another.

Tonight's Meeting the Starving Challenge meal was homegrown parsnips and onions in leftover stew.

I'm still going down to One Green World in Molalla, Oregon to get my strawberries this weekend though.  I'm also picking up a bale of straw at Wilco so I can cover them.  If I thought I could cram two bales in the back of a wagon, I'd do it because I need the carbon.

Backyard farming is hard when you don't have a truck.

Or a working opposable thumb on both hands.

5 comments:

Miriam said...

I'm glad you got a tetanus shot - apparently the tetanus bacteria is in soil, and gardeners are at higher risk for infection. So we should all make sure our shots are up to date!

Julia Posey said...

Work is still being done albeit different than you planned. I hope your thumb heals soon.

Toni aka irishlas said...

Uh-oh. You'd be suprised what you can fit into a car. I keep old blankets and quilts in mine in case I need to cover the seats and use that area too.

Hopefully your finger heals quickly and you'll be back to all the normal chores in no time!

Rae said...

We've got a truck. If you really need two bales, and LJ will swap rigs with me, I could help you out.

Paula said...

Evidently they are putting the pertussis vaccination back in with tetanus, because not enough people are vaccinating and whooping cough is making a comeback. I didn't know that tetanus lives in soil though! Actually, that makes sense; it's those rusty items in the ground that you didn't know about that always send you for a booster.

Thanks Julia.

Steve seems to think that we had a tarp in the car the last time we picked up a bale, and he still had to vacuum out the car. He's probably right; he has a much better memory than I do.

That would be lovely, Rae, if you can swing it.