Search This Blog

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Winterized Overalls

There's an old adage that says that necessity is the mother of invention.  I would put it to you that laziness in the mother of invention.  Well, maybe sometimes.

I have a pair of good overalls that are flannel-lined that Steve bought me last fall; they are for wearing in public.  He bought me a pair of fire hose cloth work overalls at the same time, but I didn't think to see if they had a flannel-lined version.  However, I quit worrying about buying flannel-lined overalls for working because I've taken to wearing my pajama bottoms under my overalls.  I did it one morning because I was too lazy to strip off my jammies and put on a pair of underpants and then climb into my overalls.    What a happy discovery!

All I can say is I highly recommend jammies under overalls.  Nice and toasty.

3 comments:

Miriam said...

Well isn't that clever! Toasty and clever!

Jennifer Montero said...

I want to kiss the person who invented flannel. Warm soft and comforting, on a psychological level as well.

As we have a week's worth of constant and icy rain to endure, I'll try my pyjama bottoms under my rubberized overalls. Another handy tip!

sew susie said...

I have a friend who for several years worked in the U.K. in a very posh Hotel. She was in charge of Wedding/Corporate/Party functions. Apparently lurking under some very glamorous evening gowns in the winter months are flannel pyjama bottoms. Some very elderly ladies, also wear slippers of the bedroom variety as the gown is so long that no one would know.
Ahhh, comfort and warmth anytime.