I need a window on the north side of the coop for cross ventilation, so yesterday I looked at windows at the home improvement store. I thought they were a bit much for a little ol' chicken coop, so I spent nine bucks and bought a cheap piece of plexiglas and today I made a window from some scrap firring strips I had lying around.
I got to practice dowel joinery.
The ugly backside. I wasn't aiming for beauty- just speed.
I've seen prettier, but it's good enough for chickens. It turned out well enough that I'm inspired to buy the materials for a larger window and make one to replace the two dollar antique window I bought at the rebuilding center on Mississippi in Portland with the intention of using it in a cold frame. Ever since I bought it I've been scaring myself with visions of tripping and falling through its untempered self, and I've decided that I don't want to use it for any reason. It's just too dangerous to have around.
I nearly got the north wall of the coop section done today, but ran out of steam. I have to set the coop aside for a few days to get ready to host a bunco party on Tuesday night, so you won't hear from me for awhile, I don't think.
Try not to miss me.