Search This Blog

Sunday, January 13, 2013

There's Something Wrong With Us



Steve's salt bagel (I can't eat these ones - hypertension)
I currently have a pot roast on the wood stove; Steve is finishing up baking the home made bagels, and I'm looking for a recipe for savory waffles so I can make waffles this afternoon to bring with me this week for breakfasts at work (to alternate with the bagels).  We frequently discuss what we're having for the next meal (and sometimes the one after that) while we're eating the current meal.

There's something wrong with us.

4 comments:

Susan said...

It sounds pretty normal to me - I spend a lot of time thinking about my next meal, or the one after and planning future meals. I don't tend to discuss it these days since my kids think I am mad or obsessive when I do that sort of thing, but their father completely understood!

russell1200 said...

The anticipatory obsession likely adds to the enjoyment. So long as you don't mind spending that much mental effort on what your eating, it doesn't seem like much of a problem.

Rachel said...

Then there's something wrong with me and my husband too! We talk about the next meal while we're eating one too.

jules said...

What DH and I do while we are eating the current meal, if we tried a new recipe, is to change it up as we eat it, figuring what we'll change and what will make it oh-so-much-better.