Search This Blog

Monday, August 26, 2013

George's Boots, Harper Oregon

I ran across this video of a custom-measured boot maker in Harper, Oregon, who is looking for someone to buy his business.

If I were younger and unattached I would seriously think about this.  I can sew, and I have experience making leather clothing, and I can hammer and use power tools.  I could totally do this, with some training. I'm all about skill acquisition.

But I'm not looking for another career.  And I'm kind of stuck with a ball and chain, albeit very happily.

It would be a pretty cool way to earn a living though.  I hope he finds a successor before his craft just disappears.

(And I would love a pair of those two-toned boots!)

Anyway, if you know of someone who'd be interested, pass it along.

No comments: