Search This Blog

Monday, May 4, 2015

Fencing Lessons

This was supposed to be the summer of rainwater harvesting system installation, which I was hoping to get done this spring so I could capture some water, but I spent the money on a new fence instead.

Although we needed (badly needed) a new fence, it's not what I'd wanted to spend money on. Darn it! I wanted my cisterns.  Especially this year because I think California's drought will move north and involve Oregon.  But, as luck would have it, a mighty wind blew down part of the fence, and since it was the second section in six months to come down, we decided to bite the bullet and get the fence replaced. It is a swell fence.

Or should I say, it's a swell's fence?  Even though I managed to talk the fence company out of $640, it still cost a bundle to get this done. More than I expected.  However, now it's in and I can concentrate on saving up for the cisterns all over again.

Lucky me.



No comments: