Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

The Cat Wants A New Hat

We are having a gorgeous day here- thirty-six Fahrenheit and super clear. Once of those crisp, late-autumn days that you have to be dead to not enjoy.

Ever since getting home from Thanksgiving away, I feel like I've been behind the eight ball. I haven't been able to get to start on the hutch, and now his lordship wants a new hat for Christmas, which he really needs.  He has some cheap, black watch cap that is looking very tatty and since he's balding, I'm concerned that his head is cold.  So I am in the process of knitting him one, which will be a challenge because I've never knit a cap before.  He also wants some color variation in it, which will also be a trick because I've never done that before either.   However, if he doesn't like it, I'll wear it.  I spent several months knitting him a Guernsey-style sweater, which was the first sweater I ever attempted. I had to adjust it, because of the whole gauge thing, and because Steve is very long.  Anyway- he tried it on when I was done with it, but won't wear it because it makes him "feel like a serf".  It's way too big for me to wear, but I can probably wear the hat when it's done.

Now all I have to do is find a number five circular needle that's sixteen inches long.

No comments: